The Human Development Institute’s Driver Rehabilitation program provides driver evaluation and training services, in partnership with the University of Kentucky Healthcare Outpatient Services.
The following is required before a Driving Evaluation can be scheduled.
- An order from a medical physician for the Driving Evaluation. Order needs to state: Occupational Therapy for Driving Evaluation. The order must also contain the diagnosis /reason for the evaluation.
- The Vision Form completed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist who is skilled in visual field examinations. The visual field diagrams must be returned with the signed vision form.
- Have a Kentucky State driver’s license. We do not take out of state licenses unless we can verify the status of the license with the issuing state. If your license has been suspended, you will need to obtain a temporary, one day license. This must be in your possession when you come for the evaluation.
- You must have been seizure free for 90 days prior to the evaluation. Please refer to your family physician for a medical release, if you have had a seizure.
- Prescribed eye glasses with you the day of the test if they are required.